Back from Adelaide…

I had a lovely week in Adelaide with my family – we didn’t do much, which suited me just fine – that was always my intention, to just have a lovely quiet week.  And we did.

I was very nervous on the drive down to Brisbane but Mr Beloved made good time, and dropped me off at Roma Street and I caught the airport link train.  I had plenty of time before my flight, so I sat and read a book (I always have a book).

What with getting up early for the drive and not sleeping so well the night before, I was quite tired – I heard the pilot tell us that we would be flying over Mildura, the next thing I knew I woke up when the attendant was handing me my gluten-free sandwich for lunch. After that I slept again until I heard the announcement that we were beginning the descent over the Adelaide hills.

Mum met me at the gate and Gordon just outside, and we drove home to Mum and Dad’s place.  I slept in quite late the next day – ’til nearly lunch time… and we just pottered about. Very restful and nice.

Gordon’s party on Saturday was a huge success – it started at about 1 in the afternoon and we left around 6, but apparently there were still some hardy hangers-on at 2 am!

Then they had another bunch of people the next day… Anyway, he had a good time, and Ju went to a huge amount of effort to make it wonderful – she’s spent every spare moment in the last few months organising, getting the yard done, and it went right down to the wire, with the pizza oven roof being installed on Friday afternoon.

This is Ju with John Paul, a ukelele player (and one of the the people from the Hoot who helped save Gordon’s life in January).

I think Hanneul made something like 70 pizzas on Saturday, even though it’s the middle of his exams…

…and the musicians (people Gordon knows from from the Hillbilly Hoot) didn’t stop all day. There were enthusiastic dancers while the musos played.

Sunday I went to church with Mum and Dad – they have a nice community there, some lovely people.  Not my thing, but nice for them.

We went to Ikea on Monday – because I don’t get to go to Ikea except when I visit Adelaide.  I foolishly ate food that I knew was bad for me but yum, who can resist the meatballs (and the cakes?)

So that was my week in Adelaide. I lazed about. I t was lovely.  I missed Mr Beloved and Constance, of course.

And now I am home again.  Back to the leaky shower that I have to organise a plumber to come fix (I’ll do that on Monday – yesterday I spent most of the day catching up on sleep. you’d think I had a strenuous time away, but the drive home was more tiring than the whole week away).

The Big Bad Tooth that was a problem several months ago has turned into a major problem again – I didn’t get much sleep last night because it was aching so badly – fortunately I already had an appointment with my dentist for a regular checkup on Monday, so we’ll see what she can do then.  I think it might be time for it to come  out – I certainly can’t afford a crown – and I am dreading what will happen – but the pain is now so great that I am even willing to consider getting the darn thing taken out in the chair (which terrifies me, but I can’t go on like this.) I’m just glad it wasn’t hurting like this while I was in Adelaide.

So that’s it from me for now. The new uni semester starts on Monday and I have my textbook, but until I get the plumbing and the dentist sorted I’m not going to even LOOK at the uni stuff… well, it can wait until Tuesday, anyway.