So looking back over my blog posts, this is what happened in 2010:
- January – first hot cross buns sighted Jan 4. (We’ll see if they beat this, but I *did* see the first Easter Eggs in Coles today, New Years Eve. WTF?!)
- February – phone line in street FINALLY replaced – had been chewed by ants! It took ages for us to get the phone line speed issues resolved -we ended up having to get a new modem.
- March – Official diagnosis of Bipolar disorder.
- April – anxiety and panic attacks. Rexy bird makes it out of the nest.
- May – battled anxiety. Had tonsillectomy and got my deviated septum fixed (septoplasty). The sewage pipes in the back yard got clogged with tree roots and had to be cleared at great expense.
- June – went to Art Gallery in Brissy.
- July, August – still cold, didn’t do much.
- September: Joined Toowoomba Concert Band; Mum and Dad visited from Adelaide.
- October: Got the oboe! And my flute went wonky. Bugger!
- November: Didn’t do much because my hands flared up. (Still trying to deal with this. Grrr.)
- December: made cake, ate too much. Squeakle bird makes it out of the nest.
It was a tough year in a lot of ways. On the other hand, I had managed to get out to Social Cre8te at the local scrapbooking shop fairly regularly; and until the small joint arthritis problem returned I was really enjoying Concert Band. Both things I would like to keep up in 2011. (I can’t hold either the flute or the oboe at the moment – frustrating! )
It’s been the wettest year in Toowoomba for 14 years, apparently (1100.4 mm of rain, with with 338.6 of that in December alone.)
Mr Beloved and I have both put on weight this year – something which we’re working on fixing.
I read. A lot. 138 books, according to what I added to my Shelfari.com page. But we only bought (I think) 5 books all year – 3 of them in the last week! If you’re curious, they were:
- Nigella’s new cookbook, Kitchen (I know, I’m such a weakling, after ranting about her I still bought the book! And I stupidly ordered without checking and ended up up with the US version, not the UK one – so I had to find out how much a stick of butter is – 115 g. Now I know!)
- Carla Sonheim’s book Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists – lots of fun coming up with that one.
- Barbara Ehrenreich’s Smile or Die: How Positive Thinking Fooled America & The World – this was recommended on some blog or other, and Mr Beloved really enjoyed it – so much so that we decided to buy our own copy.
- Oboe Art and Method by Martin Schuring. Because I can’t afford lessons for the oboe, I’m teaching myself – at least, that’s the idea. Also, Learn As You Play Oboe by Peter Wastall. (which seems to be out of print, or at least tricky to find. Hmm.)
I spent way too much time online! I think I might have to institute a regular computer free day each week. Mr Beloved spent lots of time online too, but he’s been doing much more worthwhile stuff on a project he’s particularly interested in.
So – no big New Year’s Resolutions here, because we all know what happens to THOSE, right? My aims for the year are to get a bit healthier, do more art journalling, and take the dog for more walks. That sounds more achievable, yes?
Oh – and overall in 2010, my memory got worse. I’m still hoping the increased dose of thyroid replacement drug will help, but otherwise – sheesh!
Happy New Year to all.