(clicky for biggy, please!)
Credits:Template: Chrissy W Freebie 34 Amylift (modified); Michelle Coleman Bohemian Summer paper ( x2) from Little Dreamer Designs, ribbon from same kit; Fonts: Credit River, CK Wellington, Circus Ornate; Swirl brush from Celeste Rockwood-Jones “Blossom Brushes” freebie.
I’m not thrilled with this layout, but I am pleased to have captured one of our non-traditional traditions. And yes, Mr Beloved and I do get quite silly!
This was the brief:
This time of year is SO nostalgic for me. I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood during the Holidays. There are the typical memories of finding the perfect Christmas tree, listening to holiday music, making gingerbread houses … but there are so many more obscure memories as well!
This week I want you to think of a non-traditional holiday memory you have from your childhood (or even a more recent year if you wish)!
Here are some examples of my own non-traditional memories:
- Traditional would be decorating the tree as a family. Everyone does that. Non traditional would be that our family eats frozen peaches for breakfast on Christmas every year.
- Traditional would be singing Christmas carols. Non traditional would be the funny way my dad sings a particular Christmas song every year.
- Traditional would be opening presents Christmas morning. Non-traditional would be the year my parents actually put coal in my stocking.
- If you don’t have a photo of the event, it’s ok to use no photos or stock photos.
- Since we’re talking about non-traditional memories, let’s go with some non-traditional colors as well! No red or green allowed!
- Let’s see some white space! Your photo(s) & elements can only cover 1/4 of your layout. Journaling, however, can cover as much space as you want.
- You must use at least one swirl brush
- You must use some fabric of some sort (felt, fabric, ribbon)